Join The Maven Makers – A New Regeneratively Designed Regenerative Business Design Group
Have you been working on building a new business? Or maybe you already have a business but it needs some tweaking? We have an affordable, collaborative opportunity to help you – our new The Maven Makers group!
As one of The Maven Makers, here’s what you’ll experience:
* first live session together will be Tuesday December 8th *
Each Maven Makers Meeting features:
- Maximum of 6 Mavens to ensure each Maven gets time each month to ask questions
- We’ll start with a brief grounding and meditation
- 10 minutes each Maven to ask questions and get feedback from patty and the rest of The Maven Makers
- 30 minutes where one Maven is centered for sharing challenges and receiving suggestions (that means each maven is centered 2x per year)
Why you should consider joining?
- An affordable option for learning with Business Maven Patty Love (aka fern)
- 30 years of entrepreneurial business experience
- Traditional business education followed by a career in manufacturing, finance and higher education before…
- 10 years of Certified Permaculture Designer and 2 years of Certified Permaculture Teacher
- Treasurer, Permaculture Association of the Northeast (PAN)
- 15 years of working in the information marketing world
- 5 years of participation in a similar group
- Certified Professional Business Coach through PBCA
- Many similar groups range from $250-$10,000 per month and don’t include 1:1 coaching (a $150 value)
- The opportunity to build lasting relationships with similarly minded business owners
- The small group size means you’ll get time each and every meeting!
When: We’ll meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 12:30 to 3 pm Pacific / 3:30 to 5 pm Eastern
**If this time doesn’t work for you and you’re ready to sign up, please send a note to Patty Love with times and days of the week and your time zone to patty and we’ll see if we can meet your availability.
Choose your payment method below to subscribe to Maven Makers. You will be billed $157 / month for the duration of your participation.
*Note: You can stop your monthly investment effective the first of the month any time along the journey by emailing Patty Love
Begin your Maven Makers journey by….Reserving your spot
Are you ready to be an Earth Healer?
Join a global community of permaculture design students as we weave & spin new skills and patterns to rebalance the health of our planet!
Learn how to create human systems that mimic natural systems, using a minimum of energy and resources while creating regenerative abundance and increasing social justice. We will cover principles and ethics, reading the landscape, how to heal soil and cleanse water, design integrated systems, harvest water, drought-proof land, build soil, sequester carbon, make compost, compost tea, and biochar, bio-remediate toxins, and more. Explore the solutions to climate change, and the strategies and organizing tools that can put them into place.
Join Starhawk, Charles Williams and an all-star cast for Earth Activist Training’s third fully online Permaculture Design Certificate Course! Together we’ll develop new permaculture patterns online and open our doors to an international mixing pot of magical students from across the globe learning in a new digital, travel-free and revolutionary way.
Our online training will feature American Sign Language (ASL) Interpretation. We are excited to build greater access to our teachings as we co-create this virtual learning journey~ Diversity Scholarships are available! Welcome Earth Activist friends, family, and new community!
Students who complete all of the Earth Activist Training’s online course requirements will receive a Permaculture Design Certificate, internationally recognized by the Permaculture Institute of North America (PINA).
COURSE DATES & TIME:
July 13th, 2021: Welcoming Live Session Tuesday July 13th, 2021
July 20th – Oct 26th: 15 Weeks of Class Modules
*All sessions and recorded materials will also feature closed captioning or transcripts.
A Special Invitation to the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Community: ASL interpretation is available for our Live sessions and bi-weekly Live Q&A sessions to support Deaf students.
CLASS TIME: 6:00-8:00 PM Pacific Time, typically runs the full two hours
WEEKLY COMMITMENT: 2 hrs of live class + 3-5 hrs of home study
What Makes EAT Different?
There are many great permaculture design certificate courses offered around the globe that teach a standard 72 hour curriculum covering the basics of regenerative system design. Earth Activist Training teaches this curriculum—but with a difference. We ground our work in spirit, to further your personal resilience, and teach with a perspective rooted in social justice struggles and with a focus on organizing and activism.
A Sampling of Topics Covered: plant guilds, food forests, edible landscaping, plants, animals, natural building, design, earth, water, climate, energy, spirit, social permaculture, organizing & activism.
- Permaculture Principles, Ethics and Design Process
- Climate Change Strategies for Mitigation and Adaptation
- Water Systems, Water Harvesting, Roof Water Catchment
- Soil Building
- Compost, Compost teas, Cover crops, No-till systems
- Urban Permaculture
- Eco-villages and Intentional Communities
- Alternative and Renewable Energy: Evaluating and Designing Systems
- Organizing in Diverse Communities
- Personal Regeneration and Self-Care
- Group Dynamics & Communication Tools
- Connecting to the Spirit in Nature
- Read more on our website…
Our students include:
» Community organizers and activists from many movements, including environmental justice, food justice, global justice, anti-oppression, human rights workers, and others
» Green business entrepreneurs who want to have a broader understanding of the possibilities
» Established professionals or new business owners wanting to broaden and deepen their knowledge of sustainable alternatives
» Teachers, environmental educators, and youth workers
» Architects, landscape designers, farmers, ranchers, and land stewards of all kinds
» Anyone involved in public garden or nature projects, especially school gardens and community gardens
» People in mid-life or Retirees looking for a new direction for existing or new work
» People involved with intentional communities, co-housing and Eco-villages, or those who want to start or join one
» Dreamers, visionaries, Artists, musicians, poets, writers and dancers, and anyone who collaborates creatively
Are you ready to join us? Click here to save your seat!
What You’ll Get
- 72 Hour Permaculture Design Certificate recognized by the Permaculture Institute of North America (PINA)
- 15 Live, interactive 2 hour sessions with Starhawk, Charles Williams & other talented guest teachers. *Students must attend 80% of Live Classes. *Recordings will be available for those who must miss due to illness or for those who cannot attend due to timezone conflict.
- Bi-weekly Live Question & Answer Sessions hosted by Starhawk or Charles Williams
- Digital materials, readings and exercises to guide your home practice. Downloadable for convenience.
- Ongoing support through the course from our teaching assistants.
- Membership in our private online training community where you can connect, share, and learn with others in the course.
- Community engagement with Starhawk and our EAT teaching team via the Earth Activists Online virtual classroom.
- Individualized teacher feedback once you complete your permaculture design project
+ Weekly Assignments & Hands-on projects will vary but may include mapping, water harvesting structures, graywater or roof catchment, compost, compost teas, sheet mulch, plant propagation, planting trees and shrubs, seed-starting, introductions to natural building concepts (including cob, straw-clay or plastering) and a collaborative design project.
We understand these will be dependent on your ability to have access to the resources needed to perform them. Projects can be tailored to students of varied levels of physical ability, access and diverse ages. If you have any questions regarding your ability to meet any of the Permaculture Design Certificate requirements, please contact our support team at Support@EarthActivistTraining.org.
Digital Course Platform:
Our course is offered within our new free community platform called Earth Activists Online. In addition to this virtual classroom, students will be asked to engage on:
- Zoom for Live Meetings and Q&As (you can set up an account at Zoom.us)
- Google Drive – for storing homework and your Final Design Project
Course Structure & Schedule:
Each week, live classes will be held as a Zoom Meeting on Tuesdays from 6-8pm Pacific. Live Question & Answer Sessions with Starhawk & Charles will be hosted on the weekends. These live sessions will include interactive exercises that will help you apply your learning in a hands-on way.
*Closed Captioning will be available for all live sessions
*ASL Interpretation upon request – please contact us to confirm, Support@EarthActivistTraining.org
Each week you will also be assigned 2-3 hrs of homework and/or hands-on projects to complete your 72 hour certification.
MEETING CLASS REQUIREMENTS: Completing the full list of assigned projects/ homework and attending classes are required to complete your 72 hr certificate. Students must attend 80% of LIVE Classes. If this is in the middle of the night for your timezone, we can arrange a video replay with a check-in to ensure attendance. *If meeting these requirements is going to be an issue, but you still wish to attend this training, please contact our support team to find a solution: EMAIL US
Internationally Certified Program
Earth Activist Training offers our Permaculture Design Certificate in association with the Permaculture Institute of North America. Each student who officially completes the required coursework will receive a Permaculture Design Certificate which will be registered with PINA.RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY
*Rolling Admissions through Monday July 19th at midnight*
ONE TIME SLIDING SCALE PAYMENT of $799-999* USD
Sliding Scale | Resilient Tuition $799 > Standard Tuition $899 > Abundant Tuition $999 * A portion of each abundant tuition allows us to offer diversity scholarships.
DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS: Earth Activist Training is committed to increasing the diversity of the global permaculture and regenerative land movements. Our goal is to provide access to our programs through scholarships for indigenous people and people of color working in environmental and food justice areas. For our online trainings, we are offering pay-what-you-can scholarships. *Scholarships are filled for this course*
Earth Activist Training is proud to create access for our students while create affordable educational opportunities. We will be offering our lowest deposit of just $250 + 3 more payments of $250 for a total tuition of $1000. This pricing is not changed by early bird discounts.
Feel free to reach out to our team with any questions, comments, or concerns!
ABOUT YOUR EDUCATORS:
Are you ready to build a successful business that cares for the earth and people too?
In today’s changing world, our planet is calling for businesses to follow earth-based ethics, principles, and ecological design processes– also known as permaculture!
The Regenerative Business Design Course will guide you through a step by step process to build a business that can sustain you financially while staying true to your core values. What do you need to know, consider, and plan for in order to launch a business that will have a high likelihood of success and a plan for handling failures, fumbles, and hurdles?
Join Patty Love, Certificated Permaculture Designer & Teacher and Business Management Consultant, for this eight-week course that will help answer these questions. In this course, Patty weaves together her decade plus of permaculture study and practice with her formal education in Business and more than 20 years of successful self-employment.
Fully participating in this course, including completing homework between classes and utilizing the tools developed, will empower you to be significantly prepared to put your business plan into action. Students will receive an EAT issued Certificate of Completion which can be applied towards our Regenerative Land Management Diploma.
What Is Regenerative Business Design?
The basis of a regenerative business design is a plan that successfully balances a triple bottom line: people, profit and the planet. This powerful training will guide you through the steps to formulate a successful plan that will prepare your business to withstand change, duress, and a transforming global economy.
This Class is For:
- Anyone who is ready to start a business based on the triple bottom line: people, profit & the planet!
- Earth Activists with skills in land management, leadership, or other fields who want to carve their own employment path as an entrepreneur
- Employees who are ready to step away from their current work and pursue their passions through self-employment
- Artists, creators, herbalists, healers, and crafters who want to turn their hobby or second income into a business
- Self-employed business owners who desire to create a more regenerative plan, to earn more, or work with a clearer vision and more intention
What You’ll Get From Regenerative Business Design
- 8 Weeks of 2-hour Live Sessions with break out groups to process information, discuss ideas, brainstorm, and get started on class exercises
- 7 Live Q & A sessions where you can ask Patty anything related to this course
- Access to exclusive content designed specifically for this Training
- Recommendations for additional resources
- Exercises and Worksheets to design your business step by step with support
- Connection and Community via a private Earth Activists Online Training
- Tools to develop a regenerative business design community to co-create dreams!
- The information you need to write a one-page or full length business plan
- Support to make better, more well-informed business & life decisions with all of your new knowledge (to be activated by you 😉
Key Business Concepts Covered:
- Regenerative Business Design Process
- Mission, Vision, Values, and Goal Setting
- SWOT Analysis
- The pluses and minuses of various legal structures
- Possible Organizational Structures
- Setting up Operations Systems
- Marketing and Communications Planning
- Grants and other funding sources
- Financial Statements – What they are and how to create them
- Writing a Business Plan
- Developing a Business Review Cycle
- Creating a Plan of Work and Next Steps
CERTIFICATE: Certificate of Completion in Regenerative Business Design
BONUS CREDENTIALS: The R.B.D. Certificate can be applied to our larger Regenerative Land Management Diploma
LIVE CLASS Dates: 8 Sessions, Every Monday Sept 27th – November 15th, 2021
Live Class Time: 5:00-7:00 pm Pacific
Course Community: Access to a private virtual classroom within our new Earth Activists Online network. This space will host course lessons, homework, teacher support and a gathering space for students.
8 Week Course Tuition: $199
Discount for previously registered and paid folks: $99 *50% OFF*
Early Bird Tuition until Sept 6th: $169 *15% OFF*
Diversity Scholarships Available – please fill out a short application and our team will contact you.Reserve Your Spot Today
Question Comments or Concerns? Contact our Support Team via email
Here’s what our Regenerative Business Design graduates are saying!
“As a definitive creative type who has a million ideas but not necessarily the knowledge or the structure to put them into practice as income generators, I find myself doing a ton of volunteer work. The information provided is helping me to see a framework for shifting into a different mindset. The breakout groups have been very rewarding.” ~L.U., Earth Activist
“I really LOVE how the class is based on mindfulness, intention setting and regenerative practices for the business and the “owner.” I have actually taken a number of business courses (many years ago in college) and this ethos is more my personal style than the cold, corporate bleh of those large classrooms. The weekly zoom calls help me keep accountable for my work. I’m finding I don’t mind the breakout rooms – I was feeling nervous about them originally.” ~J.W., Earth Activist
“The comprehensive scope of the information is fantastic! I appreciate how the course is organized and presented.” ~ J.K., Earth Activist
🌎 A Message from your Teacher:
I designed this Training with the idea that… many people dream of starting their own business without even knowing if they have the personality to be an entrepreneur and without knowing how to create a viable business with a solid plan.️ And with the unknown journey through the COVID-19 Pandemic, a shaken economy, and a continually changing climate, how we spend our time, resources, and energy is more important than ever.
LINK TO WATCH “Business & The Earth Path”, an Introduction Webinar featuring Starhawk and Patty Love