Introduction to Permaculture
September 11th to 25th
Curious about Permaculture?
This is the course for you!
Early bird Discount 25% Off Until August 1st, 2024!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Permaculture is a system of ecological design that takes nature as our model, so we can meet human needs while regenerating the world around us. Permaculture teaches us how to work with nature to solve challenges such as climate change, food insecurity, and social injustice. Come get a taste of Permaculture with Earth Activist Trainings senior instructors Starhawk and Charles Williams.
- Location: Virtual
- Dates: September 11th to 25th
- Time: Wednesdays 6-8pm PST
- All live sessions are recorded and closed-captioned.
- Access to resources, documentation and recorded class content in virtual classroom.
- Helpful Tool:Time Zone Converter
- We are dedicated to making our courses as accessible as possible by offering:
- Early Bird tuition: $188!
- Sliding Scale tuition: $200-$300
- Diversity Scholarships: See below
- Group Discounts: See below
- All amounts are in US dollars
- See below for details
SCHOLARSHIPS & DISCOUNTS
- Group discounts and Diversity Scholarships available? Yes!
- Keep reading below
- Contact: Support@EarthActivistTraining.org
CURIOUS ABOUT PERMACULTURE? THIS IS FOR YOU!
What Makes Earth Activist Training Different?
There are many great permaculture courses offered around the globe, but Earth Activist Training is unique in our approach to ecological design. We ground our work in spirit, to further your personal resilience, and teach with a perspective rooted in social justice struggles, and with a focus on organizing and activism.
Building Climate Resiliency Through Community
Social permaculture teaches us how to organize our human communities, resolve conflicts, make decisions, and work together effectively to maintain our spirits in the face of climate change and other social and environmental challenges.
- Global Permaculture, Ethics, and Climate Change – History, philosophy, and ethics of permaculture. Indigenous wisdom, global permaculture, permaculture’s approach to climate change.
- Patterns in Nature and Community: Principles of permaculture, patterns in nature and biomimicry, personal and social patterns in individuals and communities. Diversity creates resilience.
- Design Process and Site Mapping: Understanding zones, sectors, and microclimates. Introduction to collaborative design and site mapping.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Dedicated Network to Support Your Learning:
- Two hours of live, interactive class per week
- Community building with Starhawk and all students via our virtual classroom
- Membership in our private online community, Earth Activist Training Online, for sharing information and resources, and networking and community-building with like-minded learners from around the world
- Support from our teaching team throughout the training experience
- Digital materials, readings, and exercises to guide your home practice. Downloadable for convenience
- Recordings of each session and class materials will be available for a year after the class completes
Permaculture has solutions not just for landscapes and agricultural systems, but also for social design, public policy. and survival strategies for these challenging times.
FUNDING YOUR EDUCATION
We are dedicated to making this course work for you, and offer a range of options for payment.
Early Bird Tuition: $188!
- Sliding Scale Tuition: On-time payment
- Abundant Tuition: $400
- Standard Tuition: $350
- Resilient Tuition: $300
- Payment Plan: Three-part payment plans. ($85 down with 2 monthly payments of $85)
- Diversity scholarships. Available for Indigenous and People of Color working in, or planning to work in environmental or social justice.
- Group Discounts. For those who are for coming as a group of two or more people.
- Groups of 2-5 people – Discount of $60 off each ($190 /person)
- Cohort of 6-10 people – Discount of $70 off each ($180/person)
- All Prices in US Dollars.
Every Abundant Tuition helps support a Diversity Scholarship.
Earth Activist Training is committed to increasing the diversity of global permaculture and regenerative land movements. Permaculture teaches us to look at patterns, and we see a recurring pattern of devaluing and dehumanizing people of color that extends back through the centuries, including the histories of enslavement, the genocide of indigenous peoples, segregation, exploitation and much more. In acknowledgement, we offer diversity scholarships as a form of reparations.
Supported by donations, a select number of pay-what-you-can Diversity Scholarships are available for Indigenous Peoples and Peoples of Color working in environmental and food justice.
These scholarships are pay-what-you-can with the recommended value of 50% of standard tuition ($125), but any amount will be accepted and appreciated.
Interpretation will be provided for classes with six or more students from the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community. All sessions will have computer generated closed captions.
A core component of this course – and every Earth Activist Training course – is our private forum: Earth Activist Training Online network. This platform is where you will find course resources, your homework, and a network to connect with classmates and other Earth Activist Training students.
Recordings of each class will be available to you as a resource. You will have access to the course for a year after the course ends should you want to deepen your understanding of the material.
WHAT COMES NEXT?
Have a question?
Check out when our programs and events are taking place.
Join our announcement list
Want to be notified of EAT course updates and new program information? Sign up to join our list.