Regenerative Business Design
February 27th to April 16th, 2024
Are you ready to build a successful business that cares for the earth and people too?
What is Regenerative Business Design?
Click ‘Play’ to Hear Words of Wisdom from Starhawk
The basis of regenerative business design is a plan that successfully balances the triple bottom line: people, planet, and profit. This course will guide you through the steps to formulate a plan to prepare your business to withstand change, duress, and a transforming global economy.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Location: Virtual
- Dates: February 27th – April 16th, 2024 (8 weeks)
- Timing: Tuesdays 12:00-2:00 pm PDT
- Helpful Tool: Time Zone Converter
- Taught by Patty Love, Business Educator and Regenerative Business Consultant
- A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of this course.
- Each week has 2-hours of live instruction with supplemental online material.
- All are live session are recorded and closed captioned.
- Access to resources, documentation and recorded class content in virtual classroom.
- We are dedicated to making our courses as accessible as possible by offering:
- Early Bird tuition: $280!
- Full certificate tuition: $300-$400
- Four part payment plans: $95 at registration with 3 monthly payments of $85
- Alumni tuition: $100 to retake this course
- Diversity scholarships available: See below.
- Group Discounts: See below.
- All amounts are in US dollars.
- See below for details.
SCHOLARSHIPS & DISCOUNTS
- Discounts and Diversity Scholarships available? Yes!
- Keep reading below.
We are here for you. Please reach out at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO IS THIS TRAINING FOR?
Develop your dream, make a plan, and put it into action to make a better world!
ABOUT THIS COURSE
In today’s changing world, our planet is calling for businesses to follow earth-based ethics, principles, and ecological design processes– also known as permaculture!
Regenerative Business Design will guide you through a step-by-step process to build a business that can sustain you financially while staying true to your core values, whether you’re envisioning a for-profit or not-for-profit organization.
What do you need to know, consider, and plan for in order to launch a business that will have a high likelihood of success and a plan for handling failures, fumbles, and hurdles?
Fully participating in this course, including completing homework between classes and utilizing the tools developed, will empower you to write a business plan and be significantly prepared to put it into action.
COURSE WILL COVER
- Class 1: Getting Started in Regenerative Business Design
- Class 2: Goals Articulation and Market Research
- Class 3: Design for Financial Sustainability
- Class 4: Designing a Communications Plan: Messaging & Marketing
- Classes 5 and 6: Operations: Organizational Structure and Team Design
- Class 7: Bringing Layers of Regeneration Into Your Business
- Class 8: Putting Your Business Plan Into Practice: Implementation, Plan of Work, and Next Steps
WHAT TO EXPECT
Dedicated Network to Support Your Learning:
- Two hours of live, interactive class per week with breakout groups to process information, discuss ideas, brainstorm, and get started on classroom exercises
- The information, tools, and support you need to write a one-page or full-length business plan
- Support to make better, more well-informed business decisions
- Membership in our private online community, Earth Activist Training Online, for sharing information and resources, and networking and community-building with like-minded learners from around the world
- Recordings of each session and class materials will be available for a year after the class completes
- Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive an Earth Activist Training Certificate of Completion
Join Patty Love, certified permaculture designer, teacher, and business consultant and coach, for this eight-week course that will help answer these questions. In this course, Patty weaves together her decades of permaculture study and practice with formal education and experience in mainstream business, plus more than 20 years of successful self-employment in a regenerative business.
REGENERATIVE LAND MANAGEMENT DIPLOMA
Regenerative Business Design is a required course of the Regenerative Land Management diploma.
KEY BUSINESS CONCEPTS – WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Regenerative business design process
- Mission, vision, values, goal-setting
- SWOT analysis (strengths-weaknesses-opportunities-threats)
- Organizational structures: identifying what works best for your business
- Setting up operational systems and processes
- Financial statements: what they are, and how to create and use them
- Writing a business plan
- Developing a business review cycle
- Pluses and minuses of various legal structures
- Marketing and communications planning
- Grants and other funding structures
- Creating a work plan and mapping next steps
- How to price your product or service
SAMPLE MEDITATION FROM CLASS
MEET YOUR TEACHER
PATTY LOVE, INSTRUCTOR
Patty Love (she/her) is a perpetually curious Earth Activist Training-certified permaculture teacher and designer.
She is the instructor of Regenerative Business Design and coach for Maven Makers, a small business coaching group with Earth Activist Training.
Patty has 30 years of experience in business with a focus on education and consulting. She holds a nationally recognized certification through the Professional Business Coaches Alliance, with five years personally participating in small business coaching as a group member.
EXPERTISE IN REGENERATIVE BUSINESS DESIGN
Throughout all her work, Patty applies regenerative design to create thriving business practices.
Residing on occupied Haudenosaunee Territory (known as Rochester, New York), Patty practices permaculture, edible forest gardening, and social permaculture.
Patty is the owner of a small business, Barefoot Edible Landscape & Permaculture, and an organizer in her local community around food justice. She is the founder of the Rochester Permaculture Center and Lots of Foods program; and the former treasurer of the Permaculture Association of the Northeast (PAN).
WATCH WHILE YOU WAIT
WATCH: Starhawk and Patty Love discuss “Business and the Earth Path”
FUNDING YOUR EDUCATION
We are dedicated to making this course work for you, and offer a range of options for payment.
Early Bird tuition: $280!
- Certificate Student. For Students looking to get the most out of this course. You will get full access to all course materials and the ability to earn a certificate. Sliding scale tuition $300-$400
- Audit Student. Student who are looking to only attend the live sessions: ($200)
- Alumni. Those who want a refresher or complete certificate. You need to have taken this course with us before ($100)
- Payment Plan for Certificate Students. Four-part payment plans ($95 down with 3 monthly payments of $85)
- Diversity scholarships. Available for Indigenous and People of Color working in or planning to work in environmental or social justice.
- Group Discounts. For those who are for coming as a group of two or more people.
Every Abundant Tuition helps support a Diversity Scholarship.
FULL CERTIFICATE COURSE
This includes weekly live sessions, access to online class materials, and the Google classroom. Requires completion of homework.
- Abundant Tuition: $400
- Standard Tuition: $350
- Resilient Tuition: $300
This plan is for students wanting to take the Full Certificate Program.
- Payment of $95 when you register.
- Three monthly installments of $85 ($350 total).
- Our Student Support Team will assist you in setting this up.
ALUMNI & AUDIT COURSE PRICE
- Alumni Tuition $100 – For those who have taken this class before.
- Audit Tuition: $200 – This only includes weekly live class sessions
- Groups of 2-5 people – Discount of $125 off each ($275 total for each person)
- Cohort of 6-10 people – Discount of $150 off each ($250 per person)
- Must indicate who is in your group at registration
- Earth Activist Training is committed to increasing the diversity of global permaculture and regenerative land movements.
- We recognize the history of this land called the United States and Canada, and seek to do what we can to rectify the deep injustices and systems of inequity that formed and continue to shape society today.
Supported by your donations, a select number of pay-what-you-can Diversity Scholarships are available for Indigenous People and People of Color working for environmental and social justice.
- These scholarships are pay-what-you-can with the recommended value of 50% of standard tuition ($175), but any amount will be accepted and appreciated
If you have any questions we are always here to help: email@example.com
WHAT COMES NEXT?
YOUR LEARNING JOURNEY
Are you ready for the next step of your learning journey?
A core component of this course – and every Earth Activist Training course – is our private forum: Earth Activist Training Online network. This platform is where you will find course resources, your homework, and a network to connect with classmates and other Earth Activist students.
Recordings of each class will be available to you as a resource. You will have access to the course for a year after the course ends should you want to deepen your understanding of the material.
Have a question?
Check out the full schedule to find out when our programs and events are taking place.
Join our announcement list
Want to be notified of EAT course updates and new program information? Sign up to join our list.