Introduction to Permaculture
April 23 to May 7th
Come start your Permaculture Journey!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
What is an Introduction to Permaculture?
Introduction to Permaculture is a great place to start your Permaculture Journey. This class will orient you to Permaculture and give you a solid grounding in the history, philosophy, and some of the core tools used in permaculture design.
Permaculture is a system of ecological design that takes nature as our model, so we can meet human needs while regenerating the world around us
- Location: Virtual
- Cost: By donation (recommended $200)
- Dates: Spring 2024 dates TBA
- Time: Tuesday 6pm-8pm PST
- Each session will have closed captions.
- Classes are live and will be recorded and available within 48 hours.
- Resources and recordings on the virtual class platform will be available for a year after the course completes.
- Helpful Tool:Time Zone Converter
- We are here for you. Please reach out at: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Come join a global movement of Earth healers
YOUR LEARNING JOURNEY
Do you feel called as an Earth Healer? This course is for you.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
We firmly believe that everyone can benefit from learning how to apply the tools and insights of permaculture toward the broad goal of earth regeneration. Permaculture has solutions not just for landscapes and agricultural systems, but also for social design, public policy, and survival strategies for these challenging times.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- 3-week course meeting online for live sessions every Tuesday.
- Two hours of live class per week.
- Private online forum: Earth Activist Training Online network for sharing information and resources.
- Recordings of each session and class materials will be available for a year after the class completes
PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES
In this class, you will learn the basics of Permaculture design, where Permaculture came from, and how to use basic ecological principles to design human systems that mimic natural systems. This class will cover:
- Principles and practices of reading the landscape
- How to use zones and sectors in design
- Working with natural patterns to create efficient systems
We’re not just virtual! Each class will have activities you can do at home to practice what we talk about in class.
WE ARE ALWAYS HERE TO HELP
Please reach out to our Student Support Team at: email@example.com.
MEET YOUR TEACHERS
THE EARTH ACTIVIST TRAINING DIFFERENCE
Grounding in spirit and a focus on organizing and activism
Exploring solutions for climate change– and the strategies and organizing tools to implement them
Creating strength and abundance through biomimicry– human systems that learn from natural systems
Learning principles and practices for how to read the landscape, build healthy soil, clean water, and design integrated and sustainable food systems
- Young people looking for a career oriented around sustainability
- People in mid-life looking for a new direction in work
- Established professionals wanting to broaden and deepen their knowledge of sustainable alternatives
- Retirees wanting new fields to explore
- Teachers, environmental educators, and youth workers
- Anyone involved in gardening, especially school gardens and community gardens
- Architects and landscape designers
- People involved with intentional communities, co-housing and ecovillages, or those who want to start or join one
- Gardeners, farmers, ranchers, and land stewards of all kinds
- Green business entrepreneurs who want to have a broader understanding of the possibilities
- Artists, musicians, poets, writers and dancers, and anyone who collaborates creatively
- Community organizers and activists from many movements, including environmental justice, food justice, global justice, anti-oppression, human rights workers, and others
- Dreamers, visionaries, and more
Full Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC)
Permaculture Design Course (PDC)
Ready for a full Permacultuer Design Certificate (PDC) course?
An Earth Activist Training PDC is a 15-week course which explores an internationally recognized permaculture curriculum with a grounding in spirit and a focus on organizing and activism. Learn how to work with nature to heal land and water as we create real abundance and advocate for social justice.
A core component of this course – and every Earth Activist Training course – is our private forum: Earth Activist Training Online network. This platform is where you will find course resources, your homework, and a network to connect with classmates and other Earth Activist students.
Recordings of each class will be available to you as a resource. You will have access to the course for a year after the course ends should you want to deepen your understanding of the material.
Check out when our programs and events are taking place.
Join our announcement list
Want to be notified of EAT course updates and new program information? Sign up to join our list.