PERMACULTURE IN PRACTICE (PIP)
Ongoing personalized permaculture support
Are you looking to:
Become more Self-sufficient?
Create a permaculture homestead?
Incorporate more regenerative design into your life?
PIP is a small intimate group which meets regularly to discuss the ideas, designs, and the challenges that the members are grappling with. This program centers the discussion and learning around the needs of the members. When not discussing topics brought forward by members, we will be looking at seasonally relevant topics around regenerative land care.
What do you get with a PIP Membership Subscription?
Small Group Exploration and Learning
- Live group meeting for networking and support (90 minutes monthly)
- Member focused discussion: members can bring questions or designs for discussion or feedback.
- During each meeting we will devote time to members’ questions.
- We will focus on seasonally relevant aspects of land care. Such as:
- Planting, propagating, and pruning
- Water management
- Building soil and composting
- Fence and road maintenance
- Food harvest and preservation
- Forest management and tree care
- Natural building
- Energy systems
Small Group Exploration and Learning (All the benefits of Level 1)
- Group meetings for networking and support (90 minutes monthly)
- Member focused discussion
- Seasonally relevant focus on aspects of land care and design
- Private one-on-one mentoring sessions with Charles (60 minutes monthly)
Virtual Community and resources
- Access to peer and instructor support in our private online forum
- Access to resources and recordings developed in response to questions during the year.
WE ARE ALWAYS HERE TO HELP
Please reach out to our Student Support Team at: email@example.com.
If you are interested in attending but the meeting time do not work for you please let us know.
We will set up alternate times if there is adequate interest.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Location: Virtual
- Dates: Monthly meetings are ongoing – join anytime
- Time: 1:30-2:00 pm PST – second Thursday of the month (meeting time may shift with the needs of the members)
- Helpful Tool: Time Zone Converter
- $100/ month
- Monthly group calls
- This is a no-commitment monthly subscription: Stay as long as you like and if you have gotten what you need or take a break, please be in touch to stop payments.
- $180/month for 6 months or
- Monthly group calls
- One on one meetings with Charles
- Access to the our private online learning space
- Requires a 6 months or 1 year subscription.
MEET YOUR TEACHER
CHARLES WILLIAMS, INSTRUCTOR
Charles Williams is an Earth Activist Training senior teacher and Program Director. A long-time permaculture educator and certified permaculture designer, Charles comes to Earth Activist Training through a love of the wild, faith that healthy communities can solve complex problems, and a belief that working with one’s hands is sacred work.
Over the past three decades he has stewarded many pieces of land throughout the United States, including Diana’s Grove in Missouri, Farm & Wilderness summer camp in Vermont, and Starhawk’s Golden Rabbit Ranch in California. His approach simultaneously promotes both the preservation of wild spaces and conservation of the domestic.
As an accomplished tinkerer Charles brings a wide range of practical and somewhat obscure hand skills. He has installed complex systems such as solar electric arrays, gray water filters, and veggie oil diesel conversions. He has implemented simple systems such as emergency water filtration, humanure composting toilets, and rotational grazing plans. He is talented in wilderness tracking, solo canoeing, gathering and tending wild edibles, starting fire by hand, and mapping. He loves to work with his hands, whether he is tanning hides or repairing a generator, and this love is reflected when he teaches EAT’s hands-on segments.
OTHER CLASSES WITH CHARLES
- Permaculture Design Certificate – In Person (January 7 -21, 2023. Northern California)
- Introduction to GIS Mapping for Permaculturalists – Making Maps with GIS (January 26- March 2)
- Permaculture For Climate Activists – Short course for activists interested in permaculture solutions (March 19 – April 2)
- Resilient Land Design – Advanced Permaculture Course (March – October)
- Sustainable Infrastructure – Permaculture approach to energy systems, building materials, and waste management (Aug. 3 – Sept. 7)
- Introduction to Permaculture -Virtual (September 10 – September 24)
- Permaculture Design Certificate – Virtual (September 10 – December 17)
- Regenerative Land Management – Two -year Advanced Permaculture Diploma Program
Get expert support, advise and feedback.
Come join lead instructor, Charles Williams and guests as they support you creating your sustainable homestead
PERMACULTURE DESIGN PROGRAM
A core component of this course – and every Earth Activist Training course – is our private forum: Earth Activist Training Online network. This platform is where you will find course resources, your homework, and a network to connect with classmates and other Earth Activist students.
Check out the full schedule to find out when our programs and events are taking place.
Join our announcement list
Want to be notified of EAT course updates and new program information? Sign up to join our list.