CURIOUS ABOUT PERMACULTURE?
THIS IS THE COURSE FOR YOU!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
WE WANT YOU!
Join us this fall for a virtual short course with Starhawk and Charles Williams.
- Location: Virtual
- Dates: September 10th, 17th, and 24th (3 weeks)
- Time: Sunday, 9am-11am PST
- Classes are live and will be recorded and available within 48 hours
- Resources and recordings on the virtual class platform will be available for a year after the course completes
Helpful Tool: Time Zone Converter
- We offer sliding scale tuition and payment plans to make our courses as accessible as possible
- Abundant Tuition: $300
- Standard Tuition: $250
- Resilient Tuition: $200
- All amounts are in US dollars
- Discounts and Diversity Scholarships available? Yes! Keep reading below
- If 6 or more students from the Deaf community register, we will provide an ASL interpreter for each class session
- Each session will have closed captions (computer generated)
CURIOUS ABOUT PERMACULTURE? THIS IS FOR YOU!
What Makes Earth Activist Training Different?
There are many great permaculture courses offered around the globe, but Earth Activist Training is unique in our approach to ecological design. We ground our work in spirit, to further your personal resilience, and teach with a perspective rooted in social justice struggles and with a focus on organizing and activism.
Building Climate Resiliency Through Community
Social permaculture teaches us how to organize our human communities, resolve conflicts, make decisions, and work together effectively to maintain our spirits in the face of climate change and other social and environmental challenges.
- Global Permaculture, Ethics, and Climate Change – History, philosophy, and ethics of permaculture. Indigenous wisdom, global permaculture, permaculture’s approach to climate change.
- Patterns in Nature and Community: Principles of permaculture, patterns in nature and biomimicry, personal and social patterns in individuals and communities. Diversity creates resilience.
- Design Process and Site Mapping: Understanding zones, sectors, and microclimates. Introduction to collaborative design and site mapping.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Dedicated Network to Support Your Learning:
- Two hours of live, interactive class per week
- Community building with Starhawk and all students via our virtual classroom
- Membership in our private online community, Earth Activist Training Online, for sharing information and resources, and networking and community-building with like-minded learners from around the world
- Support from our teaching team throughout the training experience
- Digital materials, readings, and exercises to guide your home practice. Downloadable for convenience
- Recordings of each session and class materials will be available for a year after the class completes
Permaculture has solutions not just for landscapes and agricultural systems, but also for social design, public policy. and survival strategies for these challenging times.
FUNDING YOUR EDUCATION
SLIDING SCALE TUITION &
- Our goal is to increase accessibility for our trainings
- We offer two payment options in order to meet our audience where they are: 1) a one-time sliding scale payment, and 2) a three-part payment plan
- If you select the payment plan, you will pay an initial deposit of $125 and one monthly payment of $125 ($250 total). Our Student Support Team will assist you in setting up this process
Every Abundant Tuition helps support a Diversity Scholarship.
- Groups of 2-5 people – Discount of $60 off each ($190 total for each person)
- Cohort of 6-10 people – Discount of $70 off each ($180 per person)
- Must indicate who is on your group at registration
What happens if I want to extend my learning and transition to the full Permaculture Design Certificate course?
No problem! We’ll get you set up with an affinity group and teaching assistant, you’ll catch up on the first three weeks of homework, and get you settled. You are most welcome to join.
- Earth Activist Training is committed to increasing the diversity of global permaculture and regenerative land movements
- We recognize the history of these lands called the United States and Canada and seek to do what we can to rectify the deep injustices and systems of inequity that formed and continue to shape society today
Supported by your donations, a select number of pay-what-you-can Diversity Scholarships are available for Indigenous People and People of Color working in environmental and food justice.
- These scholarships are pay-what-you-can with the recommended value of 50% of standard tuition ($125), but any amount will be accepted and appreciated
MEET YOUR TEACHERS
WHAT COMES NEXT?
A core component of this course – and every Earth Activist Training course – is our private forum: Earth Activist Training Online network. This platform is where you will find course resources, your homework, and a network to connect with classmates and other Earth Activist students.
Recordings of each class will be available to you as a resource. You will have access to the course for a year after the course ends should you want to deepen your understanding of the material.
Check out the full schedule to find out when our programs and events are taking place.
Join our announcement list
Want to be notified of EAT course updates and new program information? Sign up to join our list.