LIVE CLASS: Tuesdays 5:30-7:30 PM Pacific starting July 21st. Registration below.
A Sampling of Topics Covered: plant guilds, food forests, edible landscaping, plants, animals, natural building, design, earth, water, climate, energy, spirit, social permaculture, organizing & activism.
- Permaculture Principles, Ethics and Design Process
- Climate Change Strategies for Mitigation and Adaptation
- Water Systems, Water Harvesting, Roof Water Catchment
- Graywater and Blackwater Treatment
- Soil Building
- Compost, Compost teas, Cover crops, No-till systems
- Plant Guilds and Perennials
- Agroforestry and Food Forests
- Animal Systems
- Grasslands and Grazing Systems
- Carbon Farming and Ranching
- Urban Permaculture
- Eco-villages and Intentional Communities
- Alternative and Renewable Energy: Evaluating and Designing Systems
- Active and Passive Solar
- Organizing in Diverse Communities
- Personal Regeneration and Self-Care
- Group Dynamics
- Communication Tools
- Campaign Planning and Organizing
- Connecting to the Spirit in Nature
- Creating Ritual and Ceremony
Our students include:
- Community organizers and activists from many movements, including environmental justice, food justice, global justice, anti-oppression, human rights workers, and others
- Green business entrepreneurs who want to have a broader understanding of the possibilities
- Established professionals wanting to broaden and deepen their knowledge of sustainable alternatives
- Teachers, environmental educators, and youth workers
- Gardeners, farmers, ranchers, and land stewards of all kinds
- Anyone involved in gardening, especially school gardens and community gardens
- Young people looking for a career oriented around sustainability
- People in mid-life looking for a new direction for existing or new work
- Retirees wanting new fields to explore
- People involved with intentional communities, co-housing and Eco-villages, or those who want to start or join one
- Architects and landscape designers
- Artists, musicians, poets, writers and dancers, and anyone who collaborates creatively
- Dreamers, visionaries, and more…
What You’ll Get
- 72 Hour Permaculture Design Certificate recognized by the Permaculture Institute of North America (PINA)
- 15 Live, interactive 2 hour sessions with Starhawk, Charles Williams & other talented guest teachers. All live classes recorded for viewing in a time that works for you.
- (NOTE: Participants need to attend 80% of live sessions to receive the certificate)
- Digital materials, readings and exercises to guide your home practice. Downloadable for convenience.
- Ongoing support through the course from our teaching assistants Malik Coburn and Sunshine Rose Claymore.
- Membership in our private online training community where you can connect, share, and learn with others in the course.
- Community engagement with Starhawk and our EAT teaching team via the Earth Activists Online virtual classroom.
- Participants will complete a permaculture design project and get individualized feedback
+ Weekly Assignments & Hands-on projects will vary but may include mapping, water harvesting structures, graywater or roof catchment, compost, compost teas, sheet mulch, plant propagation, planting trees and shrubs, seed-starting, introductions to natural building concepts (including cob, straw-clay or plastering) and a collaborative design project.
We understand these will be dependent on your ability to have access to the resources needed to perform them. Projects can be tailored to students of varied levels of physical ability, access and diverse ages. If you have any questions regarding your ability to meet any of the Permaculture Design Certificate requirements, please contact our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Structure & Schedule:
Our Zoom sessions will take place on Tuesdays beginning July 21st through November 2nd, 5:30-7:30pm Pacific Time. All live classes will be recorded for viewing at a time. The live sessions will include interactive exercises that will help you apply your learning in a hands-on way.
Each week you will also be assigned 2-3 hrs of homework and/ or hands-on projects to complete your 72 hour certification.
MEETING CLASS REQUIREMENTS: Completing the full list of assigned projects/ homework and attending classes are required to complete your 72 hr certificate. Students must attend 80% of LIVE Classes. If this is in the middle of the night for your timezone – we can arrange a video replay check in to ensure of attendance. *If meeting these requirements is going to be an issue but you still wish to attend this training, please contact our support team to find a solution: email@example.com
Internationally Certified Program
Earth Activist Training offers our Permaculture Design Certificate in association with the Permaculture Institute of North America. Each student who officially completes the required coursework will receive a Permaculture Design Certificate which will be registered with PINA.
We are offering this course on a sliding scale from resilient tuition for $600 up to abundant tuition for $800. We want to make this course as accessible as possible so our aim is to meet you where you are at. If you are able to pay the full tuition of $800 – your additional pay will support our Diversity Scholarship Program.
PAYMENT is your REGISTRATION – not other action is required. Our team will be notified and you’ll be added to our roster! Official Welcome letters will be sent starting July 11th. You can contact our coordinator with any questions via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS: Earth Activist Training is committed to increasing the diversity of the global permaculture and regenerative land movements. Our goal is to provide access to our programs through scholarships for indigenous people and people of color working in environmental and food justice areas. Apply via the link below.
WORK TRADE AVAILABLE: We have transitioned our traditional in person work trade into a remote arrangement. The cost of this course increases with this option as there is additional administrative time. We ask that you pay a 50% contribution (which is $90) and work trade for 4.5 hrs ($20/ hr + 30 mins communications) of communication time on the house). Please fill out an application (blue button beneath) and our team will get back to you with confirmation.Diversity Scholarship / Work Trade Application
Reach out to our team with any questions, comments, or concerns: email@example.com