Explore the solutions to climate change, and the strategies and organizing tools that can put them into place.
Gather for the first three weeks of our full Permaculture Design Certificate course to learn about the principles and foundations of permaculture design. Earth Activist Training Founder and Director Starhawk & founding teacher Charles Williams will be joined by all star teaching assistants Malik Coburn and Sunshine Rose Claymore as well as guest speakers and presenters.
♥A Special Invitation to the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Community:
ASL interpretation is available for our live sessions to support Deaf students. All sessions and recorded materials will also have closed captioning or transcripts.
What Makes EAT Different?
There are many great permaculture design certificate courses offered around the globe, that teach an standard 72 hour curriculum covering the basics of regenerative system design. Earth Activist Training teaches this curriculum—but with a difference. We ground our work in spirit, to further your personal resilience, and teach with a perspective rooted in social justice struggles and with a focus on organizing and activism.
A Sampling of Topics Covered: plant guilds, food forests, edible landscaping, plants, animals, natural building, design, earth, water, climate, energy, spirit, social permaculture, organizing & activism.
Interested in learning more about our 72 hour program? Click the link below to jump to our internally certified training program :
Introductory 3-week Course Outline:
Week 1: Global Permaculture, Ethics & Climate Change
- Topics: Introduction, Indigenous Welcome, Land Acknowledgement, Philosophy, Ethics, Global Permaculture, Eco-villages, Permaculture Approach to Climate Change
Week 2: Patterns in Nature
- Topics: Principles, Patterns in Nature, Justice, Diversity and Patterns of Power
Week 3: Design Process
- Topics: Zones, Sectors, Micro-climates, Design Process, Mapping
- 3 Live, interactive 2 hour sessions with Starhawk, Charles Williams & other talented guest teachers.
- Digital materials, readings and exercises to guide your home practice. Downloadable for convenience.
- Support from our teaching the entire team throughout the training experience.
- Membership in our private online training community where you can connect, share, and learn with others in the course.
- Community building with Starhawk and all participants via our virtual classroom.
+ Weekly Assignments & Hands-on projects will vary. We understand these will be dependent on your ability to have access to the resources needed to perform them. Projects can be tailored to students of varied levels of physical ability, access and diverse ages.
Course Structure & Live Class Schedule:
Tuesdays 6:00-8:00pm PACIFIC Time *Recordings uploaded to classroom for replay
Live Class dates: July 21th – July 28th & August 4th
Note: If upon completion of the intro course, you decide you want to continue into the full 15-week, 72 hour PDC course, our team will support your transition and your intro tuition will be credited towards your registration costs for the Permaculture Design Certificate Course.
REGISTRATION to our Introduction to Permaculture
**** WAITING LIST **** THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE INCREDIBLE RESPONSE~ If you wish to join our waiting list please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is still a window where a space can open and you can join the training! 🙂
DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS – Earth Activist Training is committed to increasing the diversity of the global permaculture and regenerative land movements. Our goal is to provide access to our programs through scholarships for indigenous people and people of color working in environmental and food justice areas. Apply via the link below.
Please contact our Support Team with any questions, comments or concerns: email@example.com