Fall is the time to turn down into our roots, to summon the elemental skills of earth & remember the stories of our ancestors. When we cook, the elements are no longer abstract concepts, they become concrete tools and skills that we can learn to hone and refine!
Chef Carin McKay and her long time friend Starhawk will be your guides through crafting a marvelous menu of magical offerings that draw upon the energies of the season. Learn to make heart-opening elixirs, to cook a feast for your ancestors, to celebrate the autumnal turn of the wheel with harvest foods and rituals as an act of self-care. Gather with a global community in a live, 3-week cookalong course- we’ll share laughter, stories, secret recipes and ritual through live sessions, downloadable content, and a private digital community.
At this powerful time of year, as we harvest the fruits of our labors, Earth Activist Training is honored to host Chef Carin McKay’s first virtual Culinary Magic kitchen portal. We believe that in addition to working the land, it’s vital to learn how to activate our home environments to provide nourishment, health and grounding.
What Is “Culinary Magic”? It’s food for the soul and spirit, attuned to the sun and moon, cooked with intention, skill, sense of humor, and passion! In this three part cooking series, chef and Culinary Magic Cookbook author Carin McKay will introduce you to seasonal cooking, show you how to hone a vision and sharpen your skills, set an intention prior to preparing a meal, and teach you techniques to create food that’s both nourishing and tasty!
In this class you will learn::
- Meal & ritual preparation in cooking for your ancestors around Samhain.
- How to create three unique harvest meals from start to finish
- How earth elements can be activated in the kitchen
- How to alchemize spices to enrich dishes & health
- Private instruction for culinary skills & tools
Culinary Magic Participants will receive:
- Three 90 minute Live Cooking Sessions with Chef Carin McKay
- Magic cook along with Starhawk 10/21 & special closing 11/11 ritual
- Weekly Prep Videos to create a Foundation in Culinary Knowledge
- Q&A with Carin each live session in the kitchen
- Exclusive Culinary Magic Course Manual featuring unique recipes from Carin & Starhawk and seasonal rituals & spells (Downloadable PDF)
What will you experience each week in Culinary Magic?
October 21, Live Session 1 with Starhawk : Roots of Nourishment
MENU: Prep with making an elderflower rosehip rose drink and drinking it in a wine glass open our hearts
Live: Creamy Butternut Squash Sage Risotto & Starhawk’s long cooked apple butter
October 28 Live Session 2: Gathering with our Ancestors
MENU: Ancho Chipotle Chocolate enchiladas with Orange Coriander Black Beans and tri-colored fennel slaw & fennel cinnamon morrocan tea
November 4-10 Cooking 4 Change + Release of Culinary Magic Course PDF*
- Culinary Magic exclusive Recipe Book including.
- Chef Carin McKay’s favorite seasonal dishes
- Soothing, Regenerating & Nourishing Tea Blends
- Starhawk Private Witchy Recipes
November 11th, Live Session 3 with Starhawk: Closing Harvest Ritual
MENU: Celeriac parsnip soup with thyme/sage garnished with pomegranate and homemade stock. Butter by Biscuits with Scallion. Salad with Delicata and goats cheese and spiced pumpkin seeds
Come celebrate some of the last sweetness of the year with Chef Carin McKay and special guest Starhawk for our first offer in elemental cooking & Culinary Magic!
COURSE DATES: Wednesday October 21-November 11th
Time: Wednesdays, 5:30-7:00 pm Pacific Time
* ASL Interpretation will be provided for our live sessions
Course Cost: $85
Diversity Scholarships Available: https://forms.gle/B4Q1X9efps5KkNUx6
Introduction Webinar with Chef Carin McKay & Starhawk – Link: http://bit.ly/Politics_and_ApplePie_ASL