Early bird Discount 20% Off Until December 11th 2023!
Fire, Flood, Drought & Heat:
Creating Community Resilience
January 11th to February 22nd, 2024
Our climate and world are changing at an accelerating rate. We face many new and unprecedented challenges.
This course will help you develop the confidence to step into this unknown future and prepare your family and community for a disaster or crisis.
Join our positive and proactive community to learn innovative ways to design, adapt, and prepare for climate change.
- Work on a farm, eco-village or land-based project?
- Run a business or not-for-profit organization?
- Work on urban or rural planning?
- Feel concerned about the future of your family and community?
Yes? This course is for you!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Location: Virtual
- Dates: January 11th -February 22th, 2024 (6 weeks)
- Timing: Thursday 5:00-7:00 pm PST
- *Helpful Tool: Time Zone Converter
- Taught by Chris Gilmour with amazing guest presenters.
- A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of this course.
- Each week has 2 hours of live instruction with supplemental online material.
- All live sessions are recorded and closed captioned.
- Access to resources, documentation and recorded class content in virtual classroom.
- We are dedicated to making our courses as accessible as possible by offering:
- Early Bird tuition: $280!
- Full certificate tuition: $300-$400
- Four part payment plans: $95 at registration with 3 monthly payments of $85
- Audit tuition: $200 (attend live sessions only)
- Alumni tuition: $100 to retake this course
- Diversity scholarships available: See below
- Group Discounts: See below
- All amounts are in US dollars.
- See below for details.
SCHOLARSHIPS & DISCOUNTS
- Group Discounts and Diversity Scholarships available? Yes!
- Keep reading below
- Contact: Support@EarthActivistTraining.org
WHO IS THIS TRAINING FOR?
This Training is For
- Individuals concerned about the future and who want to support their families and community to be more resilient and better prepared for changing times.
- People who work on a farms, in eco-villages or on land-based projects that know their organization needs to adapt quickly and wants support catered to their unique needs.
- Business owners and not-for-profit organizations wanting to ensure their business/organization is resilient if a disaster strikes.
- Urban, rural and community planners who have a responsibility to look after others and design more resilient and regenerative systems and infrastructure that are ready for the challenges ahead.
About this Course
What to Expect
- Create a “Holistic Climate Change Adaption & Response Plan” specific for your family, community, business, farm or organization, one that is realistic with your current capacity, timelines and budget.
- Learn about innovative solutions in emergency/climate change adaption and regenerative design.
- Learn how to best prepare for specific disasters such as fires, floods, droughts, heat and more.
- Be immersed in a “mock-disaster scenario” in a safe container. This is a priceless activity in beginning to develop the mindset and skills to support your family and community in challenging situations. You will also learn how to design “mock-scenarios” to help train and prepare others.
- Learn from several different instructors in their areas of expertise, such as: Chris Gilmour (Holistic Emergency Preparedness), Starhawk (Wildfires & Trauma Informed Response), Leila Darwish (Earth Repair & Community Response Organizing), and more.
Planning for emergencies and disasters is an integral part of regenerative design.
Regardless of whether you own land or rent, live in an urban or rural area, are old or young, this course will give you the frameworks and tools you need to better prepare for our changing climate and world.
YOUR LEARNING JOURNEY
Fire, Flood, Drought & Heat: Creating Community Resilience is a required course for the Regenerative Land Management diploma.
We are here for you. Please reach out at: email@example.com
MEET YOUR TEACHER
Chris Gilmour, Lead Instructor
“I became obsessed with the study of ecology, survival, self-reliance and rediscovering my relationship with nature and human potential. This sent me on the adventure of a lifetime.
I apprenticed in permaculture and learned how to grow my own food. Studied herbal medicine and remote back-country first aid. Started my own modern-day homestead with my wife. And helped build a not-for-profit youth organization to reconnect kids and people back to the land.
With a desire to bridge all I had learned from practicing farming, survival and studying natural ecosystems, I wanted to now use this to face some of the most significant challenges I saw facing the modern world.
This led me back to school to study Emergency & Disaster Management, where I began a new journey.
Chris Outdoor’s consulting & mentoring/training practices bridge the best of modern emergency preparedness and response with the holistic practices of permaculture, natural awareness and leadership skills.
I’ve helped run disaster exercises and training for municipal governments, NGOs, ecovillages, farms, and one of my biggest passions, outdoor education organizations.”
LEARN WITH CHRIS
- To see other courses Chris teachers this year check out: Chris Outdoors
Funding Your Education
We are dedicated to making this course work for you, and offer a range of options for payment.
Early Bird Tuition: $280!
- Certificate Student. For students looking to get the most out of this course. You will get full access to all course materials and the ability to earn a certificate. (Sliding scale tuition $300-$400)
- Audit Student. For students who are looking to only attend the live sessions.($200)
- Alumni. For those who want a refresher or to complete the certificate. You need to have taken this course with us before. ($100)
- Payment Plan for Certificate Students. Four part payment plans. ($95 down with 3 monthly payments of $85)
- Diversity scholarships. Available for Indigenous and People of Color working in or planning to work in environmental or social justice.
- Group Discounts. For those who are coming as a group of 2 or more people.
Every Abundant Tuition helps support a Diversity Scholarship.
FULL CERTIFICATE COURSE
This includes weekly live sessions, access to online class materials, access to google classroom. Requires completion of homework.
- Abundant Tuition: $400
- Standard Tuition: $350
- Resilient Tuition: $300
This plan is for students wanting to take the Full Certificate Program.
- Payment of $95 when you register.
- Three monthly installments of $85 ($350 total).
- Our Student Support Team will assist you in setting this up.
ALUMNI & AUDIT COURSE PRICE
- Alumni Tuition $100 – For those who have taken this class before.
- Audit Tuition: $200 – This only includes weekly live class sessions
- Groups of 2-5 people – Discount of $125 off each ($275 total for each person)
- Cohort of 6-10 people – Discount of $150 off each ($250 per person)
- Must indicate who is in your group at registration.
- Earth Activist Training is committed to increasing the diversity of global permaculture and regenerative land movements.
- We recognize the history of these lands called the United States and Canada and seek to do what we can to rectify the deep injustices and systems of inequity that formed and continue to shape society today.
Supported by your donations, a select number of pay-what-you-can Diversity Scholarships are available for Indigenous People and People of Color working for environmental and social justice.
- These scholarships are pay-what-you-can with the recommended value of 50% of standard tuition ($175), but any amount will be accepted and appreciated.
If you have any questions we are always here to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR LEARNING JOURNEY
You may also be interested in our Advanced Permaculture course, Advanced Permaculture. This course is a year-long course broken up into three six-week modules focused on: design, water management, soil care and building, incorporating animals into a system, building food forests, and managing woodlands.
A core component of this course – and every Earth Activist Training course – is our private forum: Earth Activist Training Online network. This platform is where you will find course resources, your homework, and a network to connect with classmates and other Earth Activist students.
Recordings of each class will be available to you as a resource. You will have access to the course for a year after the course ends should you want to deepen your understanding of the material.
Have a question?
Check out the full schedule to find out when our programs and events are taking place.
Join our announcement list
Want to be notified of EAT course updates and new program information? Sign up to join our list.