Join The Maven Makers – A New Regeneratively Designed Regenerative Business Design Group
Have you been working on building a new business? Or maybe you already have a business but it needs some tweaking? We have an affordable, collaborative opportunity to help you – our new The Maven Makers group!
As one of The Maven Makers, here’s what you’ll experience:
* first live session together will be Tuesday December 8th *
Each Maven Makers Meeting features:
- Maximum of 6 Mavens to ensure each Maven gets time each month to ask questions
- We’ll start with a brief grounding and meditation
- 10 minutes each Maven to ask questions and get feedback from patty and the rest of The Maven Makers
- 30 minutes where one Maven is centered for sharing challenges and receiving suggestions (that means each maven is centered 2x per year)
Why you should consider joining?
- An affordable option for learning with Business Maven Patty Love (aka fern)
- 30 years of entrepreneurial business experience
- Traditional business education followed by a career in manufacturing, finance and higher education before…
- 10 years of Certified Permaculture Designer and 2 years of Certified Permaculture Teacher
- Treasurer, Permaculture Association of the Northeast (PAN)
- 15 years of working in the information marketing world
- 5 years of participation in a similar group
- Certified Professional Business Coach through PBCA
- Many similar groups range from $250-$10,000 per month and don’t include 1:1 coaching (a $150 value)
- The opportunity to build lasting relationships with similarly minded business owners
- The small group size means you’ll get time each and every meeting!
When: We’ll start out by meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 12:30 to 3 pm Pacific / 3:30 to 5 pm Eastern beginning 12/8.
**If this time doesn’t work for you and you’re ready to sign up, please send a note to Patty Love with times and days of the week and your time zone to patty and we’ll see if we can meet your availability.
Choose your payment method below to subscribe to Maven Makers. You will be billed $157 / month for the duration of your participation.
*Note: You can stop your monthly investment effective the first of the month any time along the journey by emailing Patty Love
Begin your Maven Makers journey by….Reserving your spot
As we head towards the darkest time of the year, it is the time for storytelling, getting cozy, lighting of candles, baking and frying! There is a reason we come back to holiday traditions over the years. Eid, Hanukah, or Chanukah, Kwanza, Christmas, Pagan Yule all celebrate with light, fire and symbols of renewal. These smells and tastes are ingrained in our DNA and bring in the energy of the hearth.
Gather in the kitchen with Starhawk and Carin McKay for this special Earth Activist Training cook-a-long community event.
Chef Carin will lead us in Culinary Magic while Starhawk inspires with regenerative storytelling at the kitchen counter. Festive recipes featuring Starhawk’s family Latkes and Carin’s family gingerbread~ Yum!
*The evening will conclude with a very special candle lighting ritual.
Registrants will all receive a recipe and a complete list of ingredients and preparations to make so you can cook along with us! In addition, have a Hanukah Menorah (if you have one) or a candle holder and 9 small candles.
If you can’t find Hanukah candles, birthday candles will do!
Come warm your hearts & bellies as we gather in virtual celebration and community! Now is the time for the illumination of our spirits as we bring forth the future of our dreams~
This Event Is A Fundraiser for Earth Activist Training!
All proceeds go to support Earth Activist Training’s programs, teaching permaculture design grounded in spirit and with a focus on organizing and activism. Thank you for helping us bring regenerative skills to those who need them most! A portion of the proceeds will go directly to our Diversity Scholarship Program ~ supporting BIPOC working in the environmental justice, permaculture and regenerative land management fields.
Sliding scale donation range: $1-$50 | Suggested donation: $20
Read more about Earth Activist Training’s Financial Values here.
No one will be turned away from this event. Contact our team firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your ongoing support for our mission to honor diversity and create a space for safe conversation, education and activation!
Join Chef Carin McKay & Starhawk for a Live Webinar via Earth Activists Online
Wednesday December 9th starting at 5:30 pm Pacific Time*
*A recording will be sent out to all participants of this event. We understand it is hard for our global audience to join us live and apologize for any inconvenience.
Please contact our support team with any questions, comments or concerns: email@example.comDonate Here & Reserve your Seat today!
ASL interpretation is available for our live sessions and live Q&A session to support Deaf students. All sessions and recorded materials will also feature closed captioning or transcripts.
LIVE CLASS: Typically two hours 6:00-8:00 PM Pacific Time. 2021 Day of the week To Be Determined
A Sampling of Topics Covered: plant guilds, food forests, edible landscaping, plants, animals, natural building, design, earth, water, climate, energy, spirit, social permaculture, organizing & activism.
- Permaculture Principles, Ethics and Design Process
- Climate Change Strategies for Mitigation and Adaptation
- Water Systems, Water Harvesting, Roof Water Catchment
- Graywater and Blackwater Treatment
- Soil Building
- Compost, Compost teas, Cover crops, No-till systems
- Plant Guilds and Perennials
- Agroforestry and Food Forests
- Animal Systems
- Grasslands and Grazing Systems
- Carbon Farming and Ranching
- Urban Permaculture
- Eco-villages and Intentional Communities
- Alternative and Renewable Energy: Evaluating and Designing Systems
- Active and Passive Solar
- Organizing in Diverse Communities
- Personal Regeneration and Self-Care
- Group Dynamics
- Communication Tools
- Campaign Planning and Organizing
- Connecting to the Spirit in Nature
- Creating Ritual and Ceremony
Our students include:
- Community organizers and activists from many movements, including environmental justice, food justice, global justice, anti-oppression, human rights workers, and others
- Green business entrepreneurs who want to have a broader understanding of the possibilities
- Established professionals wanting to broaden and deepen their knowledge of sustainable alternatives
- Teachers, environmental educators, and youth workers
- Gardeners, farmers, ranchers, and land stewards of all kinds
- Anyone involved in gardening, especially school gardens and community gardens
- Young people looking for a career oriented around sustainability
- People in mid-life looking for a new direction for existing or new work
- Retirees wanting new fields to explore
- People involved with intentional communities, co-housing and Eco-villages, or those who want to start or join one
- Architects and landscape designers
- Artists, musicians, poets, writers and dancers, and anyone who collaborates creatively
- Dreamers, visionaries, and more…
What You’ll Get (Our 2.0 version format is subject to change*)
- 72 Hour Permaculture Design Certificate recognized by the Permaculture Institute of North America (PINA)
- 15 Live, interactive 2 hour sessions with Starhawk, Charles Williams & other talented guest teachers. All live classes recorded for viewing in a time that works for you.
- (NOTE: Participants need to attend 80% of live sessions to receive the certificate)
- Digital materials, readings and exercises to guide your home practice. Downloadable for convenience.
- Ongoing support through the course from our teaching assistants Malik Coburn and Sunshine Rose Claymore.
- Membership in our private online training community where you can connect, share, and learn with others in the course.
- Community engagement with Starhawk and our EAT teaching team via the Earth Activists Online virtual classroom.
- Participants will complete a permaculture design project and get individualized feedback
+ Weekly Assignments & Hands-on projects will vary but may include mapping, water harvesting structures, graywater or roof catchment, compost, compost teas, sheet mulch, plant propagation, planting trees and shrubs, seed-starting, introductions to natural building concepts (including cob, straw-clay or plastering) and a collaborative design project.
We understand these will be dependent on your ability to have access to the resources needed to perform them. Projects can be tailored to students of varied levels of physical ability, access and diverse ages. If you have any questions regarding your ability to meet any of the Permaculture Design Certificate requirements, please contact our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Structure & Schedule:
All live classes will be recorded for viewing at a time. The live sessions will include interactive exercises that will help you apply your learning in a hands-on way.
Each week you will also be assigned 2-3 hrs of homework and/ or hands-on projects to complete your 72 hour certification.
MEETING CLASS REQUIREMENTS: Completing the full list of assigned projects/ homework and attending classes are required to complete your 72 hr certificate. Students must attend 80% of LIVE Classes. If this is in the middle of the night for your timezone – we can arrange a video replay check in to ensure of attendance. *If meeting these requirements is going to be an issue but you still wish to attend this training, please contact our support team to find a solution: email@example.com
Internationally Certified Program
Earth Activist Training offers our Permaculture Design Certificate in association with the Permaculture Institute of North America. Each student who officially completes the required coursework will receive a Permaculture Design Certificate which will be registered with PINA.
***WAITING LIST***: Dates for 2021 Online Course(s) are still in the works… add your name to our list to reserve your spot.
Thank you for the overwhelming interest!Reserve your spot on our Waiting LIst
Reach out to our team with any questions, comments, or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org